PhD Admission Requirements
Application Deadline: January 15
Students are admitted under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. Information about international degree equivalencies is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
- Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources Degree from the University of Toronto, or its equivalent.
- Others may require a preparatory year of coursework from the MIRHR program.
- In very exceptional circumstances, students with a Hon. B.A. Degree in Industrial Relations may apply if they have outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative skills and research ability.
Minimum academic standing required is B+ (77%) or 3.3 (4.0 grade scale) overall in the previous Master’s program.
The admissions committee considers academic performance in recommended courses.
- Research Methods
- Other courses that may be relevant to the applicant’s area of interest.
GRE or GMAT Tests:
Required for all PhD applicants. Results more than five years old are normally not considered. Although these is no minimum score requirement, the relative strength of a test result is evaluated within the context of the entire application.
GRE or GMAT test scores must be received by January 15. Use the codes below to submit your test results:
GRE (General Test)
0982 University, 4204 Dept.
English Language Proficiency:
Required for some international students when primary language and language of instruction and examination were not in English.Proficiency in English must be demonstrated. Information on English Language Testing Services is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
TOEFL is most common test scores provided: http://www.toefl.org
- Minimum TOEFL is 600 (paper) plus 5.0 TWE or 100 (Internet) plus 22/30 for both Writing and Speaking sections.
- To report your TOEFL score use:
0982 – university code
87 – department code