Quercus is the University of Toronto' s online learning environment and virtual space where you’ll find the online portion of your courses, including: announcements and, in many cases, your grades on certain assignments (this varies from course to course).
Student Quercus Guide
The Student Quercus Guide contains information that will help you get started with using Quercus (Canvas), including links to Canvas Community website resources such as the Canvas Student Guide
Quercus FAQs for Students
Answers to some commonly asked questions.
How to submit a written assignment in a Quercus course.
Taking a Test/Quiz
Tips for taking an online test or quiz in Canvas.
Viewing Grades and Feedback
How to view your grades and any Instructor-provided feedback in a Quercus course.
Quercus (Canvas): Frequently Asked Questions for Students
- I can't log into Quercus. My password doesn't work!
- I can't see my courses in Quercus!
- I don't see my courses in Quercus but they were there yesterday. My courses disappeared overnight!
- How do I sign up for a Group in a Quercus course?
- The blue Global menu has collapsed and all I see is icons!
- I am having trouble printing a document from my Quercus course.
- I was in the middle of taking an online test, but the page froze. Now I can't finish my test!
- I am not receiving emails from my Professor or TA through Quercus. How can I fix this?
- My first name is not appearing correctly in the Quercus. How do I change it? NOTE: My official name has remained the same.
- I changed my official name and it is not appearing correctly in Quercus. How do I fix this?