Applications open online Novevmber 1, 2019
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
Students are admitted under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. Information about International Degree Equivalencies is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
- A 4-year University of Toronto Bachelor’s Degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Completion of a CEGEP program prior to a Quebec Bachelor’s (3-year) degree is equivalent to a 4-year program.
- Applications to the 12-month MIRHR advanced standing option require the above plus significant academic training in human resources, employment relations, industrial relations, labour studies, or labour economics. If the admissions committee determines that an applicant does not have sufficient academic training to qualify for advanced standing, the student will be automatically considered for the two-year MIRHR degree.
Minimum requirement is a B+ (77%) or 3.3 (4.0 grade scale) in each of the final two years of Bachelor’s Degree.
English Language Proficiency
Required for some international students when primary language and language of instruction and examination were not in English. Proficiency in English must be demonstrated. Information on English Language Testing Services is available from the School of Graduate Studies. TOEFL is the most common test score provided.
- Minimum TOEFL is 600 (paper) plus 5.0 TWE or 100 (Internet) plus 22/30 for both Writing and Speaking sections.
- To report your TOEFL score use:
0982 – university code
87 – department code
GRE or GMAT Test – Not Required for MIRHR
Applicants are encouraged to submit results. Although these tests are not required and there is no minimum score requirement, this information is helpful to the admissions committee. Should you choose to provide test scores they must be received by March 1 using the codes below:
GRE (General Test)
0982 University, 4204 Dept.
Professional Experience – Not Required
Although professional experience in the labour relations or human resources fields will be considered by the admissions committee, it is not required. Note that work experience is not a substitute for meeting the minimum academic requirement of B+ standing.