Applications open online Novevmber 1
Application Deadline: March 1
Students are admitted under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. Information about International Degree Equivalencies is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
- A 4-year University of Toronto Bachelor’s Degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Completion of a CEGEP program prior to a Quebec Bachelor’s (3-year) degree is equivalent to a 4-year program.
- Applications to the 12-month MIRHR advanced standing option require the above plus significant academic training in human resources, employment relations, industrial relations, labour studies, or labour economics. If the admissions committee determines that an applicant does not have sufficient academic training to qualify for advanced standing, the student will be automatically considered for the two-year MIRHR degree.
Minimum requirement is a B+ (77%) or 3.3 (4.0 grade scale) in each of the final two years of Bachelor’s Degree.
English Language Proficiency
- Facility in the English language must be demonstrated by applicants educated outside Canada whose first language is not English.
- The School of Graduate Studies recognizes four tests – TOEFL, COPE, IELTS, and MELAB.
GRE or GMAT Test – Not Required for MIRHR
Applicants are encouraged to submit results. Although these tests are not required and there is no minimum score requirement, this information is helpful to the admissions committee. Should you choose to provide test scores they must be received by March 1 using the codes below:
GRE (General Test)
0982 University, 4204 Dept.
Professional Experience – Not Required
Although professional experience in the labour relations or human resources fields will be considered by the admissions committee, it is not required. Note that work experience is not a substitute for meeting the minimum academic requirement of B+ standing.