The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline.
- March 1
- Late applications to the MIRHR will not be considered.
- January 15
- Late applications may be considered if space is available.
Application Forms and Fee
Fee: $120 CDN (non-refundable).
- Review the admission requirements to ensure you are eligible to apply.
- Students are admitted to the academic session beginning each September. There is no January admission.
- Applications will not be reviewed until the fee has been paid.
- Apply online through the School of Graduate Studies.
Upload a scanned copy of your academic record from each post-secondary institution you attended.
- Official English translations must accompany all foreign documentation.
- Courses which are in progress, and for which grades are not yet available by the application deadline, can not be considered by the admissions committee.
- Students who secure an offer of admission will be required to submit official academic transcripts directly from the institution.
- 2 academic references required, preferably from university instructors.
- Employer references (or others) are acceptable if the writer is in a position to evaluate your academic abilities and preparation for graduate studies.
- 3 academic references required, preferably from university instructors.
- Supporting references should include letters from faculty associated with your Master’s program.
English Language Proficiency
- Facility in the English language must be demonstrated by applicants educated outside Canada whose first language is not English.
- The School of Graduate Studies recognizes four tests – TOEFL, COPE, IELTS, and MELAB.
GRE or GMAT Test Results
- GRE or GMAT test results are not required but applicants can submit them for consideration, if they wish.
- GRE or GMAT test results are required to support the application
Proposed Area of Study
- A brief summary of your proposed area of study, career and educational research interests.
- You may also use broad categories to describe your interests, e.g. labour-management relations, human resources management or labour and social policy.
- If uncertain, simply indicate “unknown at this time”.
Other Documents and Samples of Work
- An application supplement form is available online with the application.
- A current resume is required.
- A personal statement is part of the application
- The admissions committee may request a copy of recent academic work and publications. Do not provide this information except upon request.
There is no personal interview.
A personal interview may be requested at the discretion of the admissions committee.
Enrolment capacity is limited. Meeting minimum standards does not guarantee admission
- The admissions committee begins meeting in January and most decisions are made by April 30.
- The length of time to evaluate each application can vary.
- Once a decision has been made, an official written notification will be sent.
- You can check the status of your application using the SGS online application system.
- If current studies are incomplete, the successful candidate will receive a conditional offer of admission. Instructions for clearing the conditions will be provided.