The PhD in Industrial Relations and Human Resources is a research-oriented program of study, designed to provide students with a thorough knowledge of the field and strong research skills in the following areas:
- Human resources management
- Labour-management relations
- Collective bargaining and dispute resolution
- Organization development and change
- Labour market and social policy
The PhD is offered only on a full-time basis and students normally fulfill a two-year residency requirement to enable their full participation in the activities associated with the program.