The current examination schedule is posted on the Faculty of Arts and Science website.
Instructors are not authorized to re-schedule or excuse students from final faculty examinations.
Students taking courses during the day may be required to write evening examinations, and students taking evening courses may be required to write examinations during the day. Examinations may be held on Saturdays.
Students who make personal commitments during the examination period do so at their own risk. No special consideration is given and no special arrangements are made in the event of conflicts resulting from personal commitments.
Students who are unable to write their examinations due to illness, domestic affliction, etc., must petition for a deferred examination.
Students who have two Faculty final examinations at the same time, or three consecutive Faculty final examinations (e.g., morning, afternoon, evening; or afternoon, evening, next morning) should report the conflict to the Office of the Faculty Registrar by the deadline shown on the examination schedule.
Students who cannot write a final examination at the scheduled time because of a religious obligation should report this conflict to the Office of the Faculty Registrar as soon as the conflict is known, and no later than the deadline shown on the examination schedule.
Reread of Final Examination
If a student believes that a final faculty examination has been incorrectly marked in its substance, they may request a “reread.” Students should consult the Faculty of Arts and Science website for detailed procedures. The student must demonstrate that his/her answers are substantially correct by citing specific instances of disagreement, supported by such documentary evidence as course handouts, textbooks, lecture notes, etc. The student must do more than simply assert that “I disagree with the marking,” or that “I believe I deserve more marks.” The Department concerned will reread the examination in light of the arguments presented. There is a $35.00 fee for this procedure, which is in addition to the fee of $13.00 charged for the photocopy of the final examination. The fee must be submitted, with the completed form, to the Office of the Faculty Registrar within six months of the final examination period. If the mark is changed as a result of this review both the photocopy and reread fees will be refunded. It should be noted that when a course is failed, the examination must be reread before the mark is reported.
Exam Rule Reminder
- Students are not permitted to bring any unauthorized aids into the examination, including electronic devices of ANY kind, unless otherwise stated. This includes CELL PHONES and iPODS. Possession is punishable under the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters.
- Bags, books pencil cases and ALL notes are to be deposited in areas designated by the Chief Presiding Officer and are not to be taken to the examination desk or table. If pencil cases are found on desks, they will be searched.
- Candidates must not communicate with one another in any manner whatsoever during the examination.
- Candidates may not leave the examination room unescorted for any reason, including visiting the washroom.
- All writing must cease at the end of the examination.
Please see the Rules for the Conduct of Examinations for a complete list of Arts & Science examination regulations.
Failure to follow any of these rules could result in a formal allegation of academic misconduct. Please see the Code of Behaviour on Academic Matters for more information.
Degree student must contact their college for Petition assistance.