Program Requirements, Degree Explorer

Arts and Science Calendar
If you are not a student in the program but would like to review the requirements of the major or specialist programs please see the Faculty of Arts & Science calendar.

Degree Explorer (DEX)
If you are a student in the program please use Degree Explorer to help you see the status of your program and degree requirements.  Always use DEX to track your program (and degree!) requirements.  Questions about your degree (including double-counting courses) should be discussed with your Registrar.  Questions about IRHR program requirements should be forwarded to the IRHR Program Office.

Transfer Credits and DEX
Transfer credits are not always picked up by DEX.  In these cases, you must email the appropriate academic unit to have the transfer credit added manually to your academic record.  For students currently in IRHR programs please email us at (make sure to provide your student ID, the course code, and a brief message regarding the issue).

Credit/No Credit (CR/NCR)
The Faculty of Arts and Science created the CR/NCR option to encourage you to expand your possible course choices to areas where you think you have interest, but may not be confident about how well you will do. With the CR/NCR option, course results don't impact your GPA. And if you find that you're doing better in it than expected, you may still choose to remove the CR/NCR option providing you do so by the deadline to cancel the course without academic penalty.

You may not use a course taken on a CR/NCR basis to satisfy Program requirements*. The CIRHR Program Office strictly enforces this Faculty of Arts & Science policy.

*Exception: CR designated courses taken in the Winter 2020 session due to the COVID lockdown, and in the Winter 2015 session as a result of a strike will automatically be used towards fulfilling program requirements.

Other Program Requirements and Degree Requirements
If you have questions about your degree, please consult DEX and/or your College Registrar's office. Questions about your other programs should be forwarded to the unit sponsoring the program.