The Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources is located in a heritage home. Wireless access is available in all student areas.
As part of the St. George (downtown) campus, the CIRHR is within a five-minute walk to the University of Toronto Robarts Library and Information Commons, the Rotman School of Management, the Faculty of Law, U of T’s Athletic Centre and Graduate Student Residence, as well as the subway.
The IRHR Library is part of the University of Toronto Library System and supports the needs of the Centre’s graduate students, faculty, the University and the wider community.
Carrels are available in a private PhD office located next to the Computer Lab. Doctoral students also have access to secure storage facilities onsite.
The Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources offers a range of study spaces, from group tables to individual study carrels.
The CIRHR moved to its current home at 121 St. George Street in 1992. Another fine example of historic architecture, the house was built in 1896 as a wedding gift for Lillian Gooderham, daughter of George Gooderham the President of the Gooderham and Worts distillery. She married Charles Beatty and they resided at 121 St. George until their deaths, Charles in 1958, and Lillian in 1967 at age 93. The house became the property of the University and housed the Media Centre until 1992. More information about the history of the CIRHR house is available at CIRHR Buildings Through the Ages.