Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
Students are admitted under the general regulations of the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. Information about International Degree Equivalencies is available from the School of Graduate Studies.
- Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources Degree from the University of Toronto, or its equivalent.
- Others may require a preparatory year of coursework from the MIRHR program.
- In very exceptional circumstances, students with a Hon. B.A. Degree in Industrial Relations may apply if they have outstanding academic achievement and demonstrated quantitative skills and research ability.
Minimum academic standing required is B+ (77%) or 3.3 (4.0 grade scale) overall in the previous Master’s program.
The admissions committee considers academic performance in recommended courses.
- Research Methods
- Other courses that may be relevant to the applicant’s area of interest.
GRE or GMAT Tests
Due to the ongoing challenges associated with COVID-19, the admissions committee will consider 2021-22 applications complete without submissions of a GRE/GMAT score. Students who have completed a GRE/GMAT can still submit it as part of their application package.
Required for all PhD applicants (2020-21 applicants, see box above).
Results more than five years old are normally not considered. Although these is no minimum score requirement, the relative strength of a test result is evaluated within the context of the entire application.
GRE or GMAT test scores must be received by January 15. Use the codes below to submit your test results:
GRE (General Test)
0982 University, 4204 Dept.
English Language Proficiency
- Facility in the English language must be demonstrated by applicants educated outside Canada whose first language is not English.
- The School of Graduate Studies recognizes four tests – TOEFL, COPE, IELTS, and MELAB.