Course (also called "Academic Activity")
- 3 letters denoting the department or college sponsoring the course
- 3 numbers denoting the level
- 1 letter indicating the credit or full-course equivalent (FCE) value (H = 0.5 credit, Y = 1.0 credit)
- 1 number indicating the campus (1 = St. George campus)
For example, ECO100Y1 is a 100-level course taught by the Department of Economics, with a credit value of 1, taught at the St. George campus.
- F = fall session
- S = winter session
- Y = fall and winter sessions
- abbreviated version of the full title of the course given in the Calendar; subtitle if used
- LEC or L = lecture
- PRA or P = practical
- TUT or T = tutorial
All courses have an L meeting section. If there is more than one L section listed, select the one that is offered at the time most convenient for your schedule. If a course listing also includes P and T meeting sections, you must select these in addition to an L section. Meeting sections that begin with the number 5 (e.g., L5102, P5101) begin at 5 p.m. or later. Meeting sections that begin with the number 3 have an off-campus location.
Meeting sections that begin with the number 2 are reserved for students in other faculties; Arts & Science students cannot enrol in these sections. On the SWS, meeting sections appear as: LEC = lecture, PRA = practical, TUT = tutorial.
Waiting List Indicator
- Y indicates that the meeting section has a waiting list
- N indicates that the meeting section does not have a waiting list
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
Where more than one letter is used for a meeting section, classes meet on each day indicated. Classes begin at 10 minutes after the hour and finish on the hour. Unless otherwise stated, the duration of daytime classes is 50 minutes. For example, "TR10" meets both Tuesday and Thursday, beginning at 10:10 and ending at 11:00. Practical meeting times followed by (A) meet every other week.
- Central = central area of campus between Queen’s Park and St. George Street
- East = area of campus east of Queen’s Park
- West = area of campus west of St. George Street
If the instructor for the course is known at the time of publication, the name will be listed. As instructors are assigned to courses, information will be updated on the Faculty Registrar's timetable website. Instructor names will be posted before classes begin.