Professional Learning Program: CIRHR and Lancaster House present Conflict Resolution at Work: Proven skills and strategies for managers and union representatives
When and Where
June 28 and 30, 2021 (two-day program)
12:30 – 4:30 p.m. EDT
In support of efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Lancaster House and our partners at the University of Toronto have worked closely to move the Professional Learning Program online. Our virtual program will meet the same high standards to which all Lancaster House events are held.
Conflict resolution has long been identified as one of the key skills that union and employer representatives must possess to be successful in their roles. Drawing from extensive research and field testing, this program will provide training in the most effective skills and strategies for resolving workplace conflict. Emphasis will be on hands-on skills training and development of practical tools.
Participants will learn to
- approach conflict confidently;
- recognize and understand the gaps in perception that escalate conflict
- listen more effectively and communicate more clearly and persuasively;
- avoid the common traps that fuel recurring cycles of escalating conflict and failed communication; and
- solve conflicts and help others avoid them in the first place
See Lancaster House for a special promotion for graduates of the CIRHR.