Thesis: Three essays on strategic human resource management.
Research areas: leadership, HRM in China
Now: Assistant Professor, Management, California State University, San Bernardino
Dr. Crystal Xiaoyu Huang actively publishes in International Journal of Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management, Proceedings and Journal of Organizational Change Management.
- Yang, F, Huang, X, Wu, L. (2018). Experiencing meaningfulness climate in teams: How spiritual leadership enhances team effectiveness when facing uncertain tasks. Hum Resour Manage. 2019; 58: 155– 168. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.21943
- Yang, F, Liu, J, Huang, X, et al. (2018). How supervisory support for career development relates to subordinate work engagement and career outcomes: The moderating role of task proficiency. Hum Resour Manag J. 2018; 28: 496– 509. https://doi.org/10.1111/1748‐8583.12194
- Feng, C., Huang, X. and Zhang, L. (2016), "A multilevel study of transformational leadership, dual organizational change and innovative behavior in groups", Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 29 No. 6, pp. 855-877. https://doi.org/10.1108/JOCM-01-2016-0005
- Feng, C., Huang, X., & Zhang, L. (2014). The impact of transformational/transactional leadership on creative behavior: A cross-level study. Proceedings, 2014(1), 13170. doi:10.5465/ambpp.2014.13170abstract
HRM in China
- Yang F., Huang X., Tang D., Yang J. & Wu L. (2019). How guanxi HRM practice relates to emotional exhaustion and job performance: the moderating role of individual pay for performance, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2019.1588347
- Yang, F. , Qian, J. , Liu, J. , Huang, X. , Chau, R. and Wang, T. (2018). Bridging the Gap: How Supervisors’ Perceptions of Guanxi HRM Practices Influence Subordinates’ Work Engagement. Applied Psychology, 67: 589-616. doi:10.1111/apps.12144
- Yang, F., Huang, X., & Zhang, L. (2019). Customer mistreatment and employee well-being: A daily diary study of recover mechanisms. Proceedings, 2019(1), 10379. doi:10.5465/AMBPP.2019.10379abstract
- Yang, F., & Huang, X. (2019). Transforming voice climate into performance: A multilevel model. Proceedings, 2019(1), 10142. doi:10.5465/AMBPP.2019.10142abstract
- Huang, X., Zhang, L., & Feng, C. (2017). The impact of human resource differentiation on corporate strategic and financial performance. Proceedings, 2017(1), 10398. doi:10.5465/AMBPP.2017.10398abstract
Huang has published articles with CIRHR professors Anil Verma, Rafael Gomez, Morley K. Gunderson and fellow alum Tingting Zhang (CIRHR PhD 2017)
- Huang X. & Verma A. (2018). Industry- and firm-level determinants of employment relations in China: a two-level analysis, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29:2, 399-419, DOI: 10.1080/09585192.2016.1155165
- Gomez, R., Gunderson, M., Huang, X., & Zhang, T. (2015). Do immigrants gain or lose by occupational licensing. Canadian Public Policy, 41(1), S80–S97.
- Huang, X., Jiang, K., & Verma, A. (2015). Do changes in high-performance work systems pay off? A longitudinal investigation of dynamic fit. Proceedings, 2015(1), 12181. doi:10.5465/ambpp.2015.12181abstract
Before joining the Centre, Huang obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University (2011). She was a Lecturer at Queen’s University before joining California State University, San Bernardino, where she is now Assistant Professor, Management.